wet dry issues

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

wet dry issues

by Snowboss4492

im running a tom aquatics wet dry filter on my tank and today we noticed the water line moving - - - -it takes 3-5 minutes to complete a cycle but its dropping about an inch and then the filter seems to catch up and return the water to the tank - -i cleaned the filter, no improvment, the pump never stops pumping it just seems to over drain the tank and fill the filter then the filter returns it to the tank ........really wierd.................am i about to lose a return pump? im affraid to turn it off for fear that it won't restart.............but this cycleing crap is driving me ape shit

thoughts????

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

How is the overflow drained into the sump? I did the Weir overflow....and forgot to put a hole in the top.....did the SAME thing. You could try another pump though. Never know.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

it's a factory over flow that is made with the filter, it has an aqualifter pump on thats suposed to autostart the overflow in the event of a power outage - -i hope its not a pump, the pump is built for tom aquatics so the same pump in a standard case will be 50 bucks and this one will be 150 ...........lol - sounds like its time for a canister

fihsboy

by fihsboy

have you considered getting a Aqua Clear 100.....you can chop it and turn it into a refuge, and run another as your filter. It would be VERY helpful. :)Then you dont have to worry about overflows.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

have you cleaned your impeller on your return pump ? why a canister boss ?

nicholas542

by nicholas542

actually the pump is made by aqua something snow you can get a replacment from Dr. Foster & Smith. When I was using the filter portion on my Tom's I never had that problem strange. I'm replacing the TOM"s with a Marineland H.O.T. Magnum canister filter.

wet dry issues

6 posts