help!!!!!!!

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ashraf

help!!!!!!!

by ashraf

hi all<<<<i got a reall problem first my startd showing small white spots on them dont know wot it is one of my fish has a clamped fin but show any sighns of distress coz wen it feeding time he swims normal>>the gold fish of two yrs showing sighns of listless which is really bugging me coz he was the most active one it started about four days ago>not sure if it is ich coz this problem keeps happing could ther b sumthag wrong with my tank????ple help only got my tank four months nw and it the umteenth time i must replace fish thanks

kelbri

by kelbri

It sounds like ich to me. I had the problem a little while ago, white spots and fins "clamped" at their sides (untill feeding, just like yours). I turned up the heat, put some meds in there, and within a week it was gone. I did loose 6 neon tetra's and an angelfish to it though. My other friends did survive. It appears that you have goldfish, therefor no heater? If you don't have a heater (don't require one for goldfish), then other than meds, I don't know what you could do. Perhaps someone who has more experience with goldfish could help.

ashraf

by ashraf

hey kelbri thanks for the rply great hlp ill keep u posted

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Dont add more than what is said on the bottle. It WILL burn the gills of the fish. Dont overdose, you will induce putting them to sleep...literally........forever.....I did it when I had ick in my tank. Just make sure you follow the instructions to the T, or else you will do more harm than good.

help!!!!!!!

4 posts