Fun with African Cichlids :-D Try it!

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

You guys should try these, its funny!

I saw a video on YouTube where a bunch of Africans were chasing around a laser pointer dot. So I dug out mine (the one I tease the cats with) and tried it. LOL They went nuts trying to catch it! I would put the dot on the ground and slowly move it and they would try to eat it. hahaha I tried it in my community tank and it was completely ignored. I love the way the Africans are so much smarter than the average fish!

Another thing I did was one night when I was bored, I took a mirror and set it against the side of the tank. A couple swam over to see who these new fish were, one Acei swam up and down with the new guy LOL and a couple postured like crazy. Its a good way to get pics of your fish in full dress!

I love my Africans, they are just so fun and busy all the time. They really interact with me a lot. :-D

milky648

by milky648

lol thats funny but then its kinda mean to lol

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I know, that is why I don't do it often :-) LOL But it is fun!

burgerking

by burgerking

I think that would be funny to watch, but the only problem I see is fish potentially smashing into rocks. I have lava rock in my tank which has some pretty sharp points so I dont think I'll be trying this.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I worried about that too so only put the dot on the open sand :-)

nikoloose

by nikoloose

That sounds fun, i want to try that with the laser. Yea african ciclids are the best freashwater fish, there interesting to watch. I like to feed mine Cucumber and hold it over the water to hand feed them. they always end up fighting for it but that doesnt change much.

6 posts