Guns or no guns?

21 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I feel like such a thread killer. lol Someone yell at me and tell me I'm wrong, and an idiot dammit!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

hey - - i wuld have t go to school to fix a person {medical} why not require 8 yrs of school to prevent a possable murder - -oh wait that would make someone accountable for the action of selling the gun now wouldn't it??? lol

all in all i agree with TM - - -yes to guns, but a little more realistic and accountable legislation and enforcement

Boss

zambize

by zambize

I have guns, and no one, but no one, will ever take them from me. They can try....

Poetic_irony3872

by Poetic_irony3872

Now this is a thread I can get into, Limiting the hunters and responsible people, collectors, shooters, and anyone who has owned a gun to what types of guns and how many they can own is bogus. illegal guns are illegal guns, We have a program in a city near here where the city govt has enacted a program where the criminals can turn in guns as exchange for gift cards to local grocery stores and salvation army stores. The guns that have been taken off the street through this program has been astounding. It shows that the criminals are getting the guns and always will be getting the guns. I think every gun owner (the responsible ones) know that the guns need to be locked up, in a safe place out of reach of children. I also believe that if anyone comes into your home with intention of robbing or harming you, you should have the right to kill them flat out. My other theory is this, Take my tax dollars that are being given to the banks and brokers, buy guns with them and give one to every person over the age of eighteen, the reason is that if everyone is armed, then the likely hood of someone shooting someone else who is just as armed will be minimal. What's fun about that is, yes for a little while there will be killings and what not and things will be messy, I don't see anything wrong with the idiots thinning themselves out. increase the genetic stability of the nation, increase the intelligence level, and after all is said and done, I think that society will be a better place. Also what foreign nation is going to attack a county where every person walking down the street is armed? not a good scenario for anyone looking to make a land based attack on us. Our country was founded on the blood of our armed forefathers, who were armed to the teeth and fought like hell for the freedoms we have today. Maybe we should also consider another option, arm the dems and repubs, lock them in a stadium, and let them have an old fashioned shoot out, and do this once every four years, then when we have the newer nominees for the upcoming election have a public showdown like the old west, the winner takes all... And as far as this putting serial numbers on the bullets, are they going to try to stamp a letter on every single piece of lead shot that is made? pretty hard to stamp a number 7 sized shot. not only that, i reload, so are they going to make me buy a special dye to use in order to make my rounds for trap shooting identifiable? not only that are they going to do forensic investigations on every clay target i shoot to make sure that my rounds are identifiable? lets be reasonable, the price per round today over what it was ten years ago is outlandish, a 200% increase in the price per round. what the hell is with that? am going to have to go out and buy new dyes and casts and a tumbler so that i can reload my own brass for my target rounds and my hunting rounds. the other thing is that high powered rounds even deer slugs, are absolutely mangled after shooting something with them, so lets say the scientist gets a number wrong because it's mashed and mangled, then some poor slub like myself is going to jail for murder? because they got a number wrong? lets all start reloading our own rounds, and take it out of the hands of the manufacturers, and take the rounds out of the stores, if there is no ammo, there is no way the bad guys can use the guns to shoot people with? i know that's unrealistic as we all have jobs and life's and shoot only when we can. something has to give here, shooting sports and hunting are starting to become a rich man's sport, this country has a rich history in hunting and shooting sports, and conservation, if it starts to become much more expensive, those people like myself who often rely on hunting for meat instead of buying over priced, over processed, over preserved meats from the grocers are going to have to give up hunting and the conservation perspective is going to go out the window because conservation is held on the backs of your average person out there harvesting animals and filling their tags.. ok enough of my late night ramblings, have a great one everyone.

Brandon

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I'm not so sure I love the idea of letting the dems and reps loose in a stadium with guns. According to Hollywood it would be a sure republican win cause of all those evil republican politicians that clay shoot in their huge-normous back yards, while chastising their lowly minions for a job not yet accomplished. lol

cichlidfan

by cichlidfan

I hate to use the old worn out phrase "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" but it's so true !!! I have owned guns since I was 12 years old and have not shot anyone, and oddly enough I've never really had the urge to shoot anyone. The answer does not lie in more gun legislation, but enforcing the laws already on the books and punishing the criminals not law abiding citizens !!! Look no further than England and Australia to see how successful gun bans are. The criminals love when they're the only ones who own them. New York already has strict handgun laws, but that doesn't stop the criminals from owning them. I wish the politicians would get their heads out of their @sses and open their eyes.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

never said ''more'' legislation, simply overhauled. ;)

cichlidfan

by cichlidfan

Sorry, I get a little passionate when it comes to this topic. Why don't they overhaul the I.R.S. instead !!! LOL

Tien6079

by Tien6079

Oohhh...I wish I had logged in earlier and posted to this thread! However, I take the same position as most folks here. Anyone disagree with what has been said? A little debate is always fun.

I love firearms and the engineering behind them. I do not hunt, but I target shoot. I have to this day never thrown a football or baseball with my dad. At the age of 5 I was learning to shoot. I understand the importance of the second amendment. Times are getting scary so I do suggest buying the AR-15 now and before they get even more expensive. Buy plenty of ammo as well, but .223 ammo is nearly impossible to find and reloading supplies are thin as well. You can't fing small rifle primers or powder anywhere.

I am also a BIG fan of the Springfiled XD. Anyone ever shoot one? I consider it one of the best handguns ever developed (besides the grand 1911 of course!).

josmoloco

by josmoloco

My dad andI have been buying all the gund we can of late off of private sellers. We just picked up a couple of handgins including a colt 1911 froom WW1 and a cold 38sp.

Guns or no guns?

21 posts • Page 2 of 3