To all the old timers on this site in saltwater

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

I know ive said this before but there im sure that there are a few people out there that didnt get the message so id like to put this at the top and hopefully more people will see it. When i first started my salt tank back in july and actually got it water in it in august, EVERYBODY i knew thought i was completely full of shit, that I didnt know what i was doing, that I didnt have the money or time to even start this hobby, nevertheless stay in it and look where I am today. I had done some prior research before starting my tank but in reality i knew about half of what i do today. You guys have taught me an incredible amount of information and are the backbone of my tank. I could have screwed so many things up if i didnt have yall to help me out. Tonight i took a bottle of purified water from the store and filled another bottle up with my tank water, showed it to my mom and she thought the tank water was cleaner than the purified. Now that is results my friends. With a very limited budget i was able to get a top of the line filter, skimmer and 5.5 watts per gal, all of which i would have screwed up without yalls input. I dont pay a whole lot of attention to my tank right now, reasons being its maturing plus im stayin pretty busy but i sat down for hte first time in a while and took a close look at my tank. Wow.... that is all i can say... if you are on this reefing forum you know what im talking about...... it is so worth it...... Thank you

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

you saying im old

kelbri

by kelbri

Thanks... Oh, wait, I didn't do anything :) I do second your opinion though blueshoes. A great forum with awesome people who love to help.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

of course puff has to go ahead and ruin it

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

how old is considered old???? i feel ancieant in body but twenty somethin in mind

Blue - - its an honor to help when i can and a bonus when i can learn - - if ive helped your welcome.............and i thankyou for all ive learned as i watched your tank from start up to present - - - looks like a great solid set up yu have there and truth be known you've got the only corner tank i know of - - -great job man !!!!

Boss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Well idk how much i helped out but congrats on sucsess...also make sure you help the next newbie out...and yes boss, you'r getting up there in age man, it's not a question anymore..lmao

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

LMAO - - -nice

cablemike5003

by cablemike5003

yeah, the warm weather is comming which mean tank neglect.. well not neglect but not obsessing with it.. the summer is when my tank does best as im not here messing with it constantly.. and by fall i will look at it and say WOW when did all that stuff grow.. oh well, time for a bigger tank :)

8 posts