O hai thar

7 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Whats harder to maintain?

Reef tank
100%
Planted discus tank
No votes

Total votes : 3

Snapv18473

O hai thar

by Snapv18473

New to site... just saying hey... im working on uploading pics but i have been doing my profile from work... i have been looking at this site for months and i love it... im glad to have found a decent populated forum even if tis only boss and fihsboy

Currently setting up a reef tank and getting a second reefer end of month working on planted discus tank... got alot goin on but as we all know its love.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I bow down to freshwater people. I cant keep them to save me. but everyone has different abilities. I enjoy saltwater more......so I guess I want to be more sucessful in it. and Hello snap! welcome aboard!

kelbri

by kelbri

Welcome snap. Always good to see a new fishy face. I personally cannot comment on the poll, as I have never attempted/though about keeping either of these tanks. As for only fihsboy and boss, they just have the most hot air out of anyone else here, but seem to know their stuff ;)

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Hi snap; welcome!

Can't vote matey - I keep a planted discus tank and I find it easy but you do have to be consistent with the the maintenance as I'm sure is true with any tank. But I've never kept a reef tank so I dont know which is more difficult.

Look forward to seeing your tank pics...

jweb

by jweb

Hey there, I voted reef tank. I have never kept a discus tank, but a guy that works at a pet store here that deals mostly fish just sold me everything from his reef tank. He said he doesn't have time to do all the upkeep and he is changing it to a planted discus tank. I have been setting up my reef tank for the past 3 weeks and have worked on it, hmm lets say a good 2-3 hours a day some days maybe 5 hours.

kelbri

by kelbri

My wife would KILL me if I worked on a tank for 2 hours a day, never mind 5!!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha my girl friend hates it when I do. Total time spent working/watching........well over 1000 hours im sure. Something is new every day. Just set up a 2.5 saltwater refuge. Im giving it another shot since my last failure. It will be only some rock, refuge mudd, culpera and animals will be maybe a few snails theres already about 5 limpits in there.....possibly two shrimp? peppermints? Nothing major, its not big enough for anyfish. Looking for a light fixture for it now. If you want difficult try a tank under 5 gallons. It takes a LOT of care....I havent figured it out yet.....but I will!

O hai thar

7 posts