FINALLY SOME PICTURES!!!!

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Yeah not on here......it still wont post. GAY! but I uploaded them on photobucket if your interested. They are pics of the stand I built with a level and a jigsaw....... hood....new version of the refuge/sump. new hardlined pump and scwd. which has changed since these pictures. but its all good. those were taken last week. But im too lazy to get up and go take more. ohh well. Ill update again soon. Who knows what else might change. haha. Im adding a flood light along with the T5's down on my sump. The T5's are making the Mangroves have some great growth....macroalgae not so much. so im adding two flood lights for a total of 52watts of T5 and 42 watts of CF flood lights. should be nice. My algae just isnt growing. So I went and got some refuge mud from the ocean. Its pretty nice. :) Im certainly happy with it. my refuge sand is now literally BLACK. hopefully it will have good effects with all the lovely trace elements. Tell me what you guys think. Improvements?

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/fihsboy/

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i cant use the link, i think its asking for your password??

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I dont know its being gay. use this for the password. idc what happens to that account. haha. its making me mad.

Thats the password for when it asks
mgjg2410

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

dude delete your password from the above post, it shows your personal mobile pin, name ect, oh yea people right now can delete yor pics i changed your profile to public so we can see it..lol srsly

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha pretty strait forward solution there

jweb

by jweb

good pics. what kind of light do you use for your refugium?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I have four T5's in that picture. but they are a solid 2 feet from the algae.....so they were not doing much. I just added a flood light above the skimmer to get that algae growing. I dose every morning part 1 and part 2 so there is plenty of trace elements. I dose macroalgae supplements as well. mangroves love everything im doing.......but dont waste your money on T5's on a refuge.........unless your going to put them nice and close. Spend 15 bucks and get a CF floodlight. Drop in it no higher than 10 inches above it and everything grows better. all the plant life has taken off since I added the light.

jweb

by jweb

I put a cheapo clip on shop light with a 50 watt plant grow bulb. Do you think that will be good enough?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

yeah you should be good. It wont grow as fast as a bulb with a 6700k or 5100k rating....but it will certainly work.

9 posts