BLANK TANK!!! I'm setting up a tank. 135 gallons. Any ideas?

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

some1fishy

by some1fishy

I'm deciding between a discus tank or ?
I like oddball fish and variety, and have a 55 that has all the peaceful fish. I'm ready for more of a challenge. I have 2 reedfish that could go in or are happy where they are in my 55, and also have a 10 inch black ghost knife fish, 14 inch tire track eel, and striped leporonis. I've got some cichlids I'm willing to part with, and like puffers and would like a lionfish. I have another 35 I can put together though. What would be an ifeal grouping and what other fish might be happy here? thanks SO much!

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

I've got a 130g planted tank with discus and tetras, and I think they look great in a nice large tank like your setting up. Do you want to split up the fish in your 55 and put some in the 135, or start a completely new setup?

WCAfishboy

by WCAfishboy

I would say African Cichlids all the way. I know some times it is frowned upon but I have successfully kept Malawi with Tanganyika.

Peacocks get those crazy colors and they can look very nice next to Tropheus and large Yellow labs. I would do some research, you might just get hooked!

3 posts