Guns or no guns?

21 posts • Page 1 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

blueshoes2208

Guns or no guns?

by blueshoes2208

ok so whats the deal on Obama and guns? My extremely liberal friend says that obama will ban guns such as the ar-15 within a few months?? is that shit really gunna happen?? Im from texas so i cant do without guns... im goign to have to get one if theyre gunna ban them.

jweb

by jweb

yeah, the AR-15 is already sold out at nearly every place that sells them. Gun owners are freaking out. Eric Holder is trying to take away semi-auto weapons, as well as, extra clips. He is also pushing to implement a law that every gun owner must have their bullets ordered with a special serial number that links the bullet to the owner. A pack of 20 bullets will cost $150 and will have to be special ordered.

Obama and his appointments are retards. Let's take the guns away from the law obiding citizens. That will make things safer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

you know - -i get so pissed when the gun subject comes up - - one, why would anyone need an ar-15 ? realisticly ? are deer that hard to kill in Texas ? that a good ol 30-30 or 30-06 won't do it?

and two...............why ban the ar-15 or any semi automatic for that matter when 85 % of all murders and shootings are done with 25 caliber and 22 caliber weapons - - - -why? because they are cheap and easy to get - - -friggin gang bangers aren't spending 900 bucks on a nickle plated tarus or 2000 bucks on a desert eagle ................come on people {the government} how about a little common sense

like the peace we all get from the ban on assault rifles {you know, the ones with bayonette lugs on em} I am happy to reaport that here in Germantown NY there were NO drive by bayonettings in 2008.................thank god they band them

LMAO

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok i jus want an AR because it shoots a .223 which is a very good caliber for coyote hunting and its semi auto so you can have a quick follow up shot without poeple in the next county hearing you like an 06 or a 30-30. In which i have both of those. We mostly coyote hunt at night so its kind of hard to see through a deer scope, even with the illuminated reticule (sp?) It would also be nice little home defense weapon being in Texas if someone breaks in we can kill them and not go to jail. Plus say i buy my AR now, it would double its value as soon as its banned so it would be a nice investment as well

jweb

by jweb

Well, if you can find a dealer who has one, you better buy it ASAP. My uncle owns a nice gun shop here and they haven't been able to get their hands on any to sell for months now. 90% of their customers are asking if they have the AR-15. They said they could have retired, if they had them all in stock. My advise, buy as many extra clips and ammo as you can afford. Once Obama passes the serial number law in effect, bullets are going to be so expensive it will be cheaper for you to buy an entire cow than to go hunting for a deer.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

My family that lives in Alabama has been buying a box of bullets a week.....because the your not going to be able to afford them soon.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

nothing against the AR but if you havn't ---go shoot a thompson centerfire..........also a 223 cartridge and a much more acurate disrtance gun .........no offense, but we Marines were trained by this quote........"one shot, one kill" wich means if you need that "follow up" shot you probably shouldn't have taken the first one.................just my opinion, lol

and i stress the AR is a wonderful rifle ............just voicing another option for the sinario you stated

i shot the 50 cal barrett distance sniper rifle for a couple months when i was in the Marines - - - now that is a pocket cannon my friend - - - accurate to a mile if you can site it - - i hit an 18 inch round target at 4200 feet {once} but i qualified expert up to 1000 yards {3000 feet} with it --- what a rush, crazy amounts of math and skill rading the land and air - - -takes up to 2 hours to prep for one shot - - -sorry didnt mean to go off on a tangent there

try a thompson if you get the chance, a great distance gun

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yes thompson center is a good rifle, MANY hunters on tv shows use them but the only drawback is that they are break barrel single shot rifles, i believe. Quite frankly most of the time we dont have the time to take more than 10 seconds to line up a good shot. Im a descent shot but im not a marksman so the one shot one kill thing doesnt apply to me haha. Thats weird abotu ARs bein out of stock, we have at least 2 in every gun store here, our big gun store prolly has 20 of them, about 10 p90s, 4 barret 50 cals, one being a 13,000 stainless steel model. They even sell a dragunov. (sp?)

jweb

by jweb

Yeah, the Barrett M82A1 is insane. Those bullets are like the size of your forearm, and will punch through like 5 inches of steel plate with armor piercing rounds. You don't want to be on the receiving end of that. I've heard stories of people getting chopped in half by them in Iraq.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

As with most things I think the govt tends to overcomplicate shit, thus leading to too much expenditure, leading to more spending by the consumer..

Call me crazy but I think a consumer looking to buy a gun should receive some sort of training and certification (which is required in some areas---particularly for permits or special licenses), and gun sales should be limited to dealers who receive some type of psych training. (this is the lol part I'm waiting for you all to shoot me for (: ...) Just an idea. It just seems like all the varying regulations in place do little good in preventing someone with intent to use a gun illegally getting one vs as you say a law-abiding citizen.

There are many people out there with the uncanny ability to read people and their intentions. Sadly you won't run into many gun dealers with a psych degree. Then of course there's dealers who cater to those with illegal intentions to receive their payout. Its a mess however you look at it. And yes, I realize how absurd it sounds to expect a possible gun dealer to go to school for 8 years to perform the task of selling guns, which is why I said some sort of limited training.

I realize the cost for training would have to be offset by the consumer or the govt, but there's already so many freaking laws and regulations federal, state, and local you'd damn near need to be a a freaking lawyer to understand if you're breaking the law state to state or even city to city.

I hunted for several years while I lived in Maine and am happy to say I had the privlidge (and right) to fire guns. I'm not too shallow to question the stopping power of a gun in a tight situation such as a robbery. However if it came down to it, and my assailant had a gun here in my apartment I'd be willing to bet the first thing at my hands wouldn't be the gun I kept locked in my closet so my visiting nephew doesn't pick it up and fire it into the neighbors apartment while I'm in the bathroom. Just saying. You can make a weapon out of damn near anything except maybe all my girlfriends stuffed animals.

I say yes to guns...I just think legislation needs an overhaul---but hell, so does our entire freaking government.

Guns or no guns?

21 posts • Page 1 of 3