curious

24 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

aquaclear 110?? humm just took a quick look at marine depot and hte small is 139... fizzuck haha .... i really havent looked at refugiums at all so i know basically nothing about them.. so you guys think that could be a reason for my levels still goin up?? How exactly does that fix the problem? btw i had a clove polyp frag... looked beautful yesterday... and today all the polyps were eaten exept like 2 small ones.... wtf... what do i do with it?? think my coral beauty did it? I have a black and white oscellaris, 3 squami anthias, coral beauty, pseudochromis, scarlet leg hermits, blue leg hermits, cleaner shrimp, sand sifting star... turbos ... thats it? what do u think is the culprit?

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

btw how do you make sure that the flow comming from the main tank is the same as the the flow going back from the fuge into the tank so that the fuge doesnt run dry or overflow??

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

http://www.petmountain.com/product/aqua ... ilter.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hagen-Aquaclear-110 ... .m20.l1116

your paying WWWAAAAYYYYY to much at marine depot

and the first link is all aquaclear the impeller kit is like 10 bucks

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

if you run a big fuge you would set it up like a sump only with smaller input from the tank to keep things calm and smaller output back to the display for the same reason

the ultimate fuge is the style im going to use on the new tank, in my case im going to put a 20 long tank ontop of the 150 and pump water up t it with a powerhead or small return pump frm the display and then let it gravity feed back to the display, this way pods and such will feed the display and not get killed and tore up in a pump return type set up.
so my fuge will be on display with the main tank, maybe a sea horse or some pipe fish - - -i may even run big ugly fuge in the basement with the sump and equipment for rubble rock, mangroves, algae and such that doesn't have to be pretty

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i think if i do set one up i think it will prolly be a 20 gallon aquarium on for say a study bookcase or so and do what you said, let the gravity feed the water down and just use a pump to pump the water up to the tank. How powerful of a pump do u need to say push the water up 2 or 3 feet and over maybe 3 or 4 feet??

fihsboy

by fihsboy

mag 5 would be PLENTY as just a return.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well return would be gravity... ne other options, my mag 3 is pretty big, i dont really feel like puttin a mag 5 in my tank haha

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ohh to pump it to the refuge.....you could just use a maxi jet if you wanted. get the biggest one....it will pump maybe 200 gph.....which is plenty for the refuge. so your going to plumb it higher than the tank? that would be sweet! you could always just buy one of those premade ones that you just HOB of your tank and hook a maxi jet to it and BAM. refuge. After building a refuge three times.......it CAN be cheeper just to buy one made.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

oh really? haha three times...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

yeah....used plate glass the first time.......Loaded it up with sand CRACK. bought some thicker the next time....it still got brittle and broke.....used plexi glass the third time......it bends....but not enough to concern me. I want to make another one.....im still not happy with it. I would like to get a 15 gallon tank......so I can buy a regular stand for my 29 and regular hood so it looks nice and clean. I just dont want to lose the 5 extra gallons of refuge....but it wont be life or death.....it would just suck. also when I build the new 15.....three or four months down the road....im going to get sand from the intercostal waterways here in florida. Its a WONDERFUL mud that should REALLY REALLY help my tank. plus my mangroves would be in love with me.

curious

24 posts • Page 2 of 3