What's a good treatment for Ich?

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

newbie916

by newbie916

I noticed a white spot on my Blue Hippo Tang's dorsel fin this morning. All of the other fish seem fine and the Hippo is acting normal. I have 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 1 cleaner wrasse, and 3 peppermint shrimp. Do you guys think they'll clean it off of her?

Thx

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

if it is ick...i doubt it. my kole tang had ick and my shrimp didnt do jack. i had to quarantine him to a hospital tank. i had to do this b/c i have corals and inverts in my tank and the medicine could and more than likely hurt them. if u dont have any inverts or corals throw in Marcyn1 or 2. they come in pills. i also use ocean life "lifeguard" pills. just make sure you take out any carbon packs that you have in your filter b/c it will neutralize the medicine.
also, i would only treat the entire tank if more than one fish has the ick. if its just one fish your ganna want to quarantine it into another tank. b/c if it dies and other fish eat and pick at it especially your "cleanup crew" they will contract the ick then your starting all over again

2 posts