LED is out/not working.

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

jweb

LED is out/not working.

by jweb

Is there a way to replace one LED? I have the coral life pc light.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

see if your fixture has a warranty. LEDs are supposed to FAR exceed the life of any florescent, halide, or incandescent bulb. If you've had that thing less than 5 years they sold you a POS unless you damaged it somehow..

I'm sorry but I wouldn't have the first idea about replacing it yourself..

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Sure there is. Go to radio shack and pick up a new led. pull your fixture apart....pull out the LED and solder in the new one. Make sure you get the negative side and positive side in the correct place. The negative side is flat on the bulb. litterally. On a round bulb the negative has a flat part on it. Google Building LED light if your not comfortable....he will show you how to build one.....but you could use the same techniques to replace one. :)

jweb

by jweb

k awesome man, im getting a used setup and it comes with it. they said that was the only thing they know that was wrong with the entire system. and it is only one out of four i think.

Anyways, I'm getting a 58 gallon oceanic with stand, megaflow model 2 sump, coralife skimmer, coralife 196 watt pc light, heater, ionizer, timer, and extras for $325. Im siked. Can't wait to have my first reef tank.

LED is out/not working.

4 posts