Sharks In The Aquarium Comunity

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Skittles

by Skittles

Today I visited one of my local fish stores in my area. I did my routine of walking around the store looking for anything new that might have arrived on the last shipment. To my surprise, I came across a tank with about five shark eggs. Now if you're like me and love sharks with a passion, you yourself would've felt a little uncomfortable at the sight of seeing these guys/girls laying the on the bottom of the aquarium. So I called to one of the sales associates and asked them why they would even order such things. He just shruged and simply replied, "I don't know." I thought to myself at that moment what these poor little baby sharks would be put through. Don't get me wrong! I know there are a lot of experienced aquarists out there who know how to care for these majestic creatures, but the number of new aquarists whom are getting a shark because it would be so f!@#'ing cool to have, are far greater. At that moment I wanted to take all five of those little guys or gals home with me so I can inssure their survival, and make sure they won't be tossed around from fish tank to fish tank once they outgrow tanks on after another. However, I can't afford a large enough tank, hehe. So I thought to myself I can at least save one of them. So I got one them and took him home. I then quickly called my friend who makes aquariums for a living and ordered myself a 500 gallon tank. I then found out it would take him a little while to make for me, so I kept my order for the 500 gallon and had him deliver me the next biggest tank he had, which is the 380 gallon. So now I have completed all the steps on setting up the tank and is on it's way through the cycle process. The point of this whole story is that I feel it's sad that sharks period are sold in the aquarium trade to begin with, but for eggs to be marketed too? || sigh || I feel that if you cannot house these gorgeous creatures properly, please leave them where you see them. And if you can house them, please do your research before going through with it. Please please, do your best to refrain from buying these specimens for the one reason of "It'll be so F!@#'ing COOL!"

dick_headers

Re: Sharks In The Aquarium Comunity

by dick_headers

You are just so damn right! It is pretty sad that the sales man replied " I don't know " to your question. What an ignorant bastard. Anyways.. You are a f!@#'ing good person, with a so f!@#'ing big heart!:-) Keep on tanking!

Sonny

Skittles

Re: Sharks In The Aquarium Comunity

by Skittles

I'm so glad that you agree!! Thanks for the reply!

3 posts