Need help with my test kit please

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

zambize

by zambize

I have a liquid test kit....the kind with glass test tubes and little droppers of liquid. I lost the instructions and I can't remember the number of drops and length of time to wait before reading. Can someone please post this information for the tests for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and both the high and low pH?

Thank you

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

what type of test kit is it API? if it is i think is says on the bottle ......

zambize

by zambize

I'm not sure of the brand. The bottles do not have instructions of any kind printed on them.

jweb

by jweb

It must say a brand somewhere.... How much did you pay for them and where did you get them?

zambize

by zambize

The brand name was on a cardboard insert that is lost. There is no brand name on the remaining parts of the test kit. I got it from either PetsMart or PetCo and it was around $35. It has 4 glass tubes and 7 bottles that sit in a molded, black, plastic tray.

kelbri

by kelbri

Sounds exactly like the API Mini Test Kit that I bought over the weekend. Except that the bottles tell you what's in them, as well as the number of drops. I got it at PetLand. $55 (Canadian). It's at home right now, and I am at work, so I can't tell you the number of drops at the moment.

Possibly check the websites of the brand you think it may be from, as I'm sure they show picks of the bottles. They would probably have instructions too. Check PetSmat and PetCo's websites first and see if you can spot the one you bought. Sorry I can't help more.

6 posts