Why?

33 posts • Page 1 of 4

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Bigfish0016124

Why?

by Bigfish0016124

Why do you keep fish?

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Why?
* I love the challenge
* they're better to watch then TV

vwfan79

by vwfan79

Yes the challenge......but also the beauty and grace of watching them swim.....its like the part of nature that we don't see, so its fascinating to get to watch it in your own home.....oh ya and to help drain my bank account.. lol

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

It's beautiful and relaxing. For me, i think i get even more satisfaction from the plants than the fish. It's my own little indoor, aquatic garden that keeps me occupied until i can start planting in the yard in the spring time! And i agree--i love the challenge!

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

The reason I keep fish is because I love animals, I also have dogs, cats, and have kept lizards, so im a bit of an animal lover. Plus, all my fish have great personalities and I love how they're all so unique. The challenge is also a bonus, seeing an empty glass box turn into a little oasis.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i've always had to have "different things" if it was a motorcycle i had to have some off the wall brand thing, cars had to be one no one had,snowmobiles have to modded to the point of having to get therapy after riding,lol, etc etc ...........so when i started an interest in aquariums, of course i went to salt water, it has been the most rewarding hobby ive ever had......nothing against fresh water at all because there are incredible fresh water hobbiest out there, but, general {i call em "fish keepers" not aquarist} fresh tanks get bought at wally world and they have cheap fish thrown into em and the owner thinks he/she is a hobbiest ..................NOT............ salt water will not allow a laxidaisical [sp] attitude like that and i love it ......................some day i want to try a fresh water planted tank ...........but i don't think i'm addept enough for an undertaking like that yet

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss.....freshwater planted is insane. I jumped into it before I jumped into my reef.....I failed three times with plants before I got into reef. I started off from wallyworld when I was little.......fell in love with it. I keep my tank because it is my passion. I LOVE the ocean and want everyone that comes to my house to see how beautiful the reefs really are. Most humans will never see a coral reef in there life. Well I love them so much that I keep one in my house. When I watch it it brings me into another world and takes all my cares away.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

amen bud...............amen

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

Sorry, but boss, seriously?? Fish keepers?? How about brackish?? What do you call them??

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol...............i think you mistook my statement BK....what i meant is the kind of people who buy a tank "kit" throw it on the counter and put a couple fish in it and it's cool as hell for about a week, then it becomes dirty, stagnent, and a hassle to get the occupants of the home to care for it...........those types of people are "fishkeepers" not aquarists.................by your reaction alone i consider you an aquarists...............we are ever learning, ever seeking, ever bettering our water environments for beauty and the health and wellbeing of our fish..........

note: there are fishkeepers in fresh,salt,planted and brackish systems

Boss

Why?

33 posts • Page 1 of 4