Any Good Ideas for Water Flow?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jweb

by jweb

Does anyone have any good techniques to get dispersed/random water flow. I have been looking at this attachment that you put on a power head, it rotates around when water is pushed though it. It seems like a great idea. I have also been toying with the idea of getting a wave maker system. Has anyone used one? Pros? Cons?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

how about a scwd. I used one for a while....and will probably go back to it with a bigger pump. Its pretty sweet. I like the scwd because it doesnt take any extra power to run it. I dont like it because it takes a powerful pump. My koralia's run 6 watts.....the scwd with my mag 5 ran 60. Id rather put two koralias in on a wave maker.......but that costs a ton. scwd is low profile and its three pipes.....after a while they will never be seen. There is little maintence and it gives GREAT waves. But it sucks power to push it.

jweb

by jweb

what is scwd?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Switching Current Wave Director. They are about 30 bucks and are used for a closed loop system or a return line. I will probably be hooking mine back up very soon. I miss it. It sucked water out of the aquarium and pushes it through one outlet for a few seconds and then the other outlet for a few seconds causing havoc in your tank. Its GREAT. your corals will LOVE IT. You wont have any deitrus at all on your sand or rocks.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

wat u up 2 jweb lol

5 posts