My 100 Gallon

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

snoopiie

My 100 Gallon

by snoopiie

Hey whats up everyone I just upgraded my 28 gallon fish tank to a 100 gallon and I am trying to take it slow and steady, and try and get some recommendations on what kind of lighting, filter systems and other things I can put into my tank..

I have
Largemouth Bass [1]
Blue Gill [2]
Pleco [1]
Blue Lobster [1]

They have all lived in the 28 gallon, for about 9 months and they have have grown very big and its now time to move out of there apartment into there small luxury mansion..

I got all the fish no bigger than 2 inches and the bass has reached 7 inches and the blue gill is around the same if not bigger, the 2nd blue gill I caught yesterday to add to the addition he is doing very well.. he is about 2 1/2 inches and it seems like the 8 inch blue gill protects him from the bass.. The dark colored blue gill which I think is a male is very aggressive and keeps the bass in check and the blue gill has his own spot and wont allow anything to go into his cave.. Not even the blue Lobster..

So on that note im ready to get these guy's moved in, but I want some good help from some people that have had some good success in my department and I know about all the legal issues on the matter so please keep them to your self.

Also any other take mates I might be able to add? Let me know the best possible filter and additional items that might be good to use in this tank..

snoopiie

by snoopiie

Here's some pictures.
25a8a-DSCN0982.JPG
44d92-DSCN0983.JPG
45a8c-DSCN0985.JPG
8f892-DSCN0986.JPG
a856b-DSCN0990.JPG

adehaan86

by adehaan86

What I would recommed is a canister filter then you can look at it out of the tank also you don't have as much crap hanging over the back, a sump is very good for that big of a tank. As far as lightings goes go with something cheaper but more of a white light. Like 6700 K vs a 4200 K.(yellow) I would use shop lights from like Lowes or other hard ware place(very cheap but good).

Hope this has helped.

levinheidi

by levinheidi

I agree, I have never kept, but have heard that the North American freshwater fish like Bluegill and Bass can be quite messy. Using a Canister filter will work great for keeping waste down. I am expecting my Eheim 2215 canister filter to come in today, so I am excited.

Also, a fish that would probably do great with them are Sunfish. I live in North Dakota and have fished for them in Minnesota. They are green, blue, and have a brilliant orange tint to them. They are a panfish like a bluegill and look a lot like a discus fish.

My 100 Gallon

4 posts