Gourami question

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

esparzar1

Gourami question

by esparzar1

Hey ya'll, I'm new to this forum and new to fish keeping. I had a question that hopefully some of you can help me with. I'm looking at getting a flame gourami to add to my fish tank. I already have two neon blue gouramis, neon tetras, white coulds, guppies, and a cory cat. Would this be okay to add to my tank? Any comments/sugestions would be helpfull. Thanks!!!!

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

I think it would be ok. You might want to stay away from some of the smaller fish like white clouds and neon tetras as gouramis will eat them once big enough. If you want success with the little schooling fish I would either add more plants or place them a little closer together.

Also, cory cats love to school, so adding a few more would look great and be better for the one you have. If you're worried about them getting food, sinking pellets or sticks should make it past the other fish and get to the bottom.

Welcome to the hobby!!

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Thanks, for the help, my fish tank is still really new so, I'm trying to take my time and add a few plants here and there. I also want to add some driftwood. I will definetly look in to getting more cory's!!!!! Thanks again!

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

How new?? Did you cycle the tank??

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Of course!!!! The tank is actually about 4 yrs old and was well established/cycled before I got it. My friend got me into the hobby and set-me up before I added fish. Anyway, (I know I'm new, and very anxious) but, I was also wondering about possibly getting one or two German Blue Rams (down the road). Would this be good or bad?

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

Well they're communtiy fish as well, so it shouldnt be too big a deal. Rams require really good water, so regular water changes are required to keep healthy rams.

They tend to stay near the substrate so you should have a nice balance, open water fish with the gouramis and schoolers then the corys and rams at the bottom.

Gourami question

6 posts