Beginner to Beginners

6 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

Beginner to Beginners

by Snowboss4492

Well after a very interesting day yesterday covering all 3 forums I am sitting here with my coffee reflecting on the events. I am about to post my opinion, not a fact, not a gage to measure peoples expierience or knowledge.

I have been in salt water for about 3 months and consider myself a beginner, and I also think I will be a beginner for at least a year.....there is to much information out here, to many opinions, to many different approaches to solve one perticular issue to not be a beginner for at the very least a years time.
Being a beginner is not a bad thing, I don't feel I or anyone else has to prove worth to anyone and no one has expected us to. the amount of posts I make does not directly coralate in my level of knowledge, [lol, if anything its just the oposite] and after a years time I hope to move into the novice arena - the title of expert in acuality is not a title to be earned - - -but rather given by others in my field [ hobby in this case]
Expert is a fluid term - -I am an expert at killing fish {if you've read my other posts} so it's not always a good term - yesterday the pleco found himself being an expert at pissing people off, I think he has learned a hard lesson as well .. . . . . .so to all of us beginners - - -lets stay beginners and learn from all the mistakes and successes that suround us in these forums from the people who are willing to help us NOT make the same mistakes they have - - -and one day we will be giving solid advise to some one who is a newbie as well - - -
RESPECT is the operative tool in here and should be in our daily dealings with anyone else as well

harsh posts yesterday but a great lesson learned - - -

it's a new week ALL be blessed - -The snowboss

cyndrine

by cyndrine

i agree.

gumbii

by gumbii

werd...

i know i've been doing the freshwater thing for a great number of years now, and have experience with very delicate aquaria life... but i still don't call myself an expert or a pro... i do help alot of people/friends all of the time, but i still learn a great deal of stuff from time to time... that's why i love going to forums... i learn some stuff, and get to share stuff that i do or recomend...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Gumbii is an honest humble man to be trusted - -thank you for your input - i look forward to your knowledge in the future the Snowboss {now theres something I know about, "comes down white, piles up green" lol

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Well said! In a way I like that things were shaken up yesterday. We now know each other a bit better and we can be more of a team of like minded students with our beloved hobbie.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

good point PK

Beginner to Beginners

6 posts