Background paint

6 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dizzcat

Background paint

by dizzcat

Getting a 55 gallon tank in a couple days. I am needing to know what kind of paint you can use to paint a solid black background on the outside back?

Thanks!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

just about anything - - - i would suggest spray bombs for sure and clean clean clean the glas before you spray.................coer everything you don't want painted real good and have at it

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Regular spray paint works well. Im kinda curious what the rock spraypaint would look like though. Maybe Ill test it out on some scrap glass. Anyways like boss said, clean that beast. Dont spray too much because the thicker that paint is.....the easier it will chip with your HOB filters etc. Easy to touch up obviously, but still Just have fun with it.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Gotta roll it on guys. I live in an apartment and don't have a garage to do it in. So going to do it in my spare room.

What is rock paint??

fihsboy

by fihsboy

you know the spray paint you put on stuff outside to make it look like its rock? Its a textured paint.....looks pretty sweet. I just dont know what it would look like on a tank. It might be cool to see though. I would try it on some scrap glass first.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

use a sponge roller not a nap roller ...............you should be able to cover it smooth with a couple coats...............shine a flash light or something behind it and have someone look at it from across the room to make sure you have a good coverage

Background paint

6 posts