Help Reef is crashing !!!!

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

yeah everything goes into like a chemical warfare, if it looks like its died or dying piss it of to a quarantine tank to see if it will recover.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

umm how are yalls quarantine tanks set up? I dont have one but something tells me i need to fix that

fihsboy

by fihsboy

blue I dont have one either. But my lfs owner is my buddy......SO he lets me use a tank if I absolutly need to. Dont buy stuff online....buy from your lfs.....pay 5 bucks more. I do......and it pays off. He gives me deals and lets me (HAVE) frags that are floating around in his frag tank. insane stuff. and yeah....if a nudibranch dies or pretty much anything.....the chemicals and nutrients make your tank go bizzare.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

I have an extra 10 gallon tank, and a little fission nano skimmer. I think i'm going to set up a hospital tank just for my corals that isn't hooked up to the system. Then I can clean the corals in a seperate environment.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

good move. like i said before the chemical warfare is crazy. i had a toad stool that just went rank overnight i removed it dipped it in fresh water once a day and put it in the hospital tank, and it came good in a week. You should always have a QT ready for sick fish any way. It don't have to be a big one, just a small filter, heater and some sort of light maybe air thats it.

Help Reef is crashing !!!!

15 posts • Page 2 of 2