Freshwater Pleco Goes To Salt

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

I'm going to the saltwater forum. Lucky for you guys who hate me. Bye Bye

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

I'm not going to salt until October. haw haw

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

great.. lookin forword to your expert advice..lol

gumbii

by gumbii

lol...

i'm also going to saltwater... but it's not my first time... and i don't need a forum's help at all... so i wont be seeing you there brother...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I don't hate you or I wouldn't spend so much time answering some of your posts. Just be considerate and stop with the personal attacks and there's plenty of room for all of us here. I'll probably create a saltwater tank myself some day, but I know it's a lot harder to manage than fresh water and much much more expensive. I'm very impressed with how beautiful some peoples salt water tanks are (kudos saltwaterpimp)considering that large public aquariums rarely have live corals in any of their tanks. The ocean coral reefs are dying at an alarming rate and to have a bit of an endangered ecosystem thriving so well is amazing. By the way, where in California do you live freshwaterpleco? I'm in Van Nuys in the "valley" part of LA.

gumbii

by gumbii

van nuys...? nice... i'm in the ghetto... lol...

i'm also going to start up a 90g reef soon... and for the same reason you said peter... alot of LFS like strictly fish have coral sales and promotions for that cause... they want responsible reef keepers to propigate and keep the gorgeous marine life triving...

i'm in a program that is trying to populate extinct to wild cichlids... right now i have three different clutches of fish that i'm tumbling and going to raise... those are going to go directly to USC marine center i think... i'll probably keep another colony of them so i can be able to breed and spread to other experienced fish keepers or breeders...

so i know i can keep, maintain and propegate many reef species and keep them thriving among the fish enthusiast...

you should check out los angeles fish fanatics peter... i haven't had the opportunity to join, but i keep in contact with them via thier yahoo group...

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/LAFishFanatics/

they get together and share fish, plants and other stuff...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I really like where you're coming from with the cichlids gumbii. I'll check out that site. The ghetto? Van nuys isn't too far from the ghetto. We have our fair share of shootings, gang fights, and helicopters shining their lights in our windows.

gumbii

by gumbii

i live in bell gardens... it's overpopulated with mexicans, tweekers, mouth breathers, ignorance and gangs... i'm not being racist since i am mexican...

yeah... you should check out that site and try to join... it's pretty cool from what i read... i want to join, but i have no time for clubs right now with my zoo... i'm from another fish club called coast... it's mostly for cichlids, but if you're into fish you aren't going to just talk about one family of fish...

8 posts