The Black and The Orange

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

The Black and The Orange

by Deltasigpony3648

So i have 2 orange ocellaris clowns and i did some ready about have two different clowns in the same tank and i found the black ocellaris clowns which my faience loves so i just saw two at the lfs and said what the hell why not try.10 min in the tank one is already by the side of my female orange clown and the other one is being chased around a bit

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

I love how the mixed colors looked. I think that im going to mix my clowns when I get them. Do you have any pics??

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

i will once the calm down a little more

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

clowns are funny lil creatures ..........depending on how long your orange ones were together one of them is the dominant female and depending on how long the blacks were together there will be a dominant female there too..........usually the largest is the female, the second largest is the male and the others will remain non sexed. all being ocelaris in a month or so the largest of the 4 will become the female and the second of the 4 male and the other 2 will become "drones"

for some reason when i had 4 percs in there 3 stayed togather and the smallest got bullied........so who knows what will happen .............it all depends on the time each fish was together with other fish before they found themselves in your happy lil world..............lol

i would like to a tank with nothing but clowns one of these days and i think i would put about 15-20 of em in there and let them figure it out ...........lol

Boss

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

I have 2 orange and 2 black clowns and no problems. the black clowns seem to be more mello than the orange. but maybe thats the temperment of those particular fish.

The Black and The Orange

5 posts