Dadgum hoodini!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Dadgum hoodini!

by fihsboy

Okay guys....im trying to figure this out.....ive lost TWO fish in the past month and a half. Where the hell are they going.......They didnt jump out.....my levels havent been going up.......Im pretty sure they are dying.....but I dont get how. My levels are all low....so nothing should be happening. I just lost my 6 line wrasse......just dissapeared....I lost a scooter blenny a month ago. My clowns were the first fish I bought.......and they are still swimming strong.....knock on wood. The clean up crew had to have devoured these fish too.....NO remains at all, but with two starfish an army of 75+ nassarious snails.....40 blue leg/red leg hermits and 4 turbo snails.....I guess its plausible they died and the levels stayed down enough to not spike...Thoughts? Help?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

sorry to hear bout the loses man .................but yeah the clean up crew especially the hermits will make a fish disapear with in minutes after they find em ...........................sometimes the cycle of life sucks eh? just when you think everything is all fuzzy and warm .BAM........somebody eats somebody in the tank.............dam it

lol

BOSS

memphis

by memphis

i had the same problem checked all my levels and they were good. come to find out my salt was a little high. i fixed that prob and have been going stong since. good luck it always sucks when u lose fish that way

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thanks guys. Well when one door shuts another one opens......fish ideas? I now have 2 clowns. A 29 is hard to shop for in the saltwater fish department. Maybe a goby and pistol shrimp to go with it....I dont know. Ideas would be helpful though. Thanks!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

snowflake eel maybe................ive always loved em, but not sure how they would react with my big crab..........might be clash of the titans till someones dead

get a hardy fish as the clowns will be territorial and might bet up on a new comer

couple three chromis ?

big fat carpet nem?

more corals ...hehehehehe

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha ok so the ppl at the fish store told me that the strawberry pseudochromis i bought would b aggressive towards other fish, even to fish 3x its size... ha dudes a lil winnie.... i was going to say damsels but u started a whole bunch of coral stuff right? yeah im thinkin a goby would b ur best bet.. unless you can find an angelfish that will b happy in a 29. There is a full grown one at my lfs that is maybe 1.25 in ...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im kinda leaning towards a goby and pistol shrimp. OR the chromis. I wanted some chromis anyways.....maybe a dart fish or scissor tail goby.........they are sweet.

Dadgum hoodini!

7 posts