Can I hand feed.......

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

breaknrun911

Can I hand feed.......

by breaknrun911

I have green bubble tip sea anemones. (GBTA) I am feeding them with tongs at the moment but it just gets old trying to keep the food in the tongs w/o the other fish trying eat the food. Am i able to hand feed the GBTA w/o getting stung??

Thanks

newbie916

by newbie916

I feed my Rose bubble by hand without a problem. He stings me every once and a while. It's very minor and only leave a little red itchy spot. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have really sensitive skin. Good luck

gumbii

by gumbii

what...? they sting...??? i grab my rose nem all the time... and i always hand feed selcon dipped silversides...

gonzaimaki7563

by gonzaimaki7563

question? what are silversides? sorry but im a newby and im wanting to have an anemone too someday, but im still learning and researching before actually buying one. Are they hard to keep and feed? How are you actually feeding them? thanks

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

silver sides are just small {usually frozen} fish for feeding...........about 1 inch to 3 inches ..................kinda like sardines for aquariums........lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

dude my galaxia coral stings the crap outta me when I move it....sometimes my snails will move it and I have to move it back. Damn....itchy as anything for a day or two.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

A bristleworm stung me the other day. It hurts...Little bitch

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

use your hands you pussies.......
i feed mine shrimp bait prawns. defrost it put close to mouth of nem and shake it like its a fish having a heart attack. watch ur nem grab it like no tomorrow. it stimulates it when u do the fit thing

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I hand feed everything in my tank when its feeding time. I always wash my hands with salt (sounds weird but ive never had a problem as long as I have been doing it) and get my food and throw half a cube of home made feast. Its got brine shrimp,baby brine, regular,nori algae,fish,and some oyster eggs. They go ape shit over this stuff. Corals LOVE IT. btw I just started hatching live baby brine shrimp....my corals are blooming like never before. Get a hatchery........its worth it!

gonzaimaki7563

by gonzaimaki7563

How do a hatchery of brine shrimps work? Brine shrimps eggs here in manila cost a lot!

Can I hand feed.......

11 posts • Page 1 of 2