bubble warriors

7 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ashraf

bubble warriors

by ashraf

can any one help with this one,i got some goldfish that keep riding up the bubbles from the air stone,just wondering if my auqurium is getting enough oxygen.and sec got two siamese fighters dont know anything bout those fish except that they very aggresive can i introduce them with other fish?

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Normally fish will sit right up under the surface and appear to be gasping air from the surface if there is not enough oxygen in the tank. They might just be playing with the bubbles. And I believe siamese fighters are best kept by themselves.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

there probably just having fun. my freshies did it all the time.... I dont know if I would put them in the same tank if they are mean. Put them in the tank with a tank divider.....and see how they react. if they try to go through the divider......then you know they wont match very well.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

like C&C says the most common indicator of poor oxygenation is fish gasping for breath at the water surface. I have a shoal of corydoras in my 30gal that frequently ride up and down the bubble wall like its a ride at an amusement park. Pretty entertaining.

Also, contrary to popular belief bubbles coming out of the bubbler don't actually oxegenate the aquarium. When the bubbles break at the water surface--breaking the surface tension of the water, the water becomes oxygenated.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

and to add to TM's post.if you think you are haveing and O2 problem, like he said bubblers don't help until the bubble breaks the surface.try adding or replacing your airstones with wood air stones...............much finer bubble, almost a mist looking which looks cool as hell and more smaller bubbles equals more surface disturbance, but they don't eveporate the water near as fast because of the size of the bubbles

gumbii

by gumbii

those bendable marineland bubble curtains also throw alot of fine bubbles... but i used to use silica stones and have them high up near the surface... unless i had circulation problems...

ashraf

by ashraf

thank you for the infon it is highly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

bubble warriors

7 posts