Refugium contents available!

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

YES. I FINALLY found a website that has sea grass readily available... :) I took a few months....but i found a website. If anyone is interested in sea grass or macroalgaes for refugiums......
I just ordered the culpera sampler. It has three different species in it.....9 bucks. :) Damn good prices too!

http://www.live-plants.com/turtlegrass.htm

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

nice find!!!!!! i put it in the ol favorites

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss I had to decide on culpera or seagrass...and I got the culpera..BUT it has three different types. Im going to start running my sump on a reverse lighting sequence so the sump is lit when the main tank isnt. That way I dont get heat build up like I have been in my cabinet. I ordered 3 10000K and 2-6500K bulbs for my T5 setup on the fuge. those too were like pulling teeth to find. T5 NO bulbs are damn near impossible to find. Seagrass looks pretty bad ass.....but i heard it doesnt pull nutrients as readily as macro algaes. Anyways thought I would share the find.....ive been looking for it forever, wouldnt want the reasearch to go to waste.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

yeah sea grass looks cool as hell.............i'd like to see a long low planted salt tank compeating in the "planted" section ....... couple horseshoe crabs and a shoal of chromis is a sea of grass with a pulse set up on the returns so it's swaying way big .......hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm here i go dreamin again ........theres just not enough room in a house for all the tanks i'd like to have ......lol

4 posts