angel fish

10 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

texasfishlover7598

angel fish

by texasfishlover7598

What do you guys feed yours becuse mine have become verry picky and will only eat the red collored fish flakes

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

My angels love frozen blood worms and flakes they even eat on algae chips on the bottom. I would have to say their favorite is the blood worms though

texasfishlover7598

by texasfishlover7598

thanks next time i buy food ill get some

kelbri

by kelbri

I haven't had any troubles with mine. They eat whatever flakes are in the tank. I do want to try some blood worms though.

burtonboarder

by burtonboarder

I use the normal flakes as well as bloodworms, aparently thats what everyone else does too

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Be careful of allowing them to eat too many bloodworms; the high protein content is a common cause of bloat.

Angels do love bloodworms but they should be given as an occasional treat rather then part of their regular diet.

texasfishlover7598

by texasfishlover7598

i will thanks agean for all the advice

fishhead

by fishhead

mine are in a comunity tank which i feed crushed tetracrisp as many of my tanks inhabitant's are too small to eat a whole crisp . I follow this with either bloodworms or brine shrimp . I like to alternate to give them some variety . They eagerly accept both and all fish are growing very quickly . I present the frozen foods through a turkey baster to make it easier to feed my frogs and the angles espesialy follow the tube feeding directly from it and often hitting it aggressively , as they are so eager to feed . I feed twice a day

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

MIne too are in a community tank. All my fish love to eat. what is proper feeding..once a day everyother day twice a day ???? I hear so many things

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Proper feeding depends entirely on what sort of fish you have dawgtrain...angels are fine if only fed once a day but it is equally as good to feed them a lesser amount twice per day. Feeding more frequently throughout a day can help control agression problems in a tank and as such cichlids are often fed three meals a day.

In a communtiy tank, a good rule of thumb is; so long as there is not excess food floating around after a couple of minutes, then thats enough food.

I have read that "if in doubt, feed them less" as most aquarists tend to overfeed.

Its important to remember that fish will always look hungry! But it doesn't mean they need feeding...!

angel fish

10 posts