Sebae Anemone

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

mwallin85

Sebae Anemone

by mwallin85

I just got a small Sebae Anemone today and I dont know alot about them. How long does it generally take for one to get used to the tank and the clowns? I have two clowns and they dont get near it. Also it doesnt seem to be doing anything I thought it might move alittle and find a place to stay but it just has sat in the corner of the tank where i put it 5 hours ago. Any advice and wisdom?

Thanks

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

umm im new at this too but what kind of clowns do you have? just because you have clownfish doesnt mean they are necessarily "compatable" with any anemone. From what i have read you are gradually supposed to acclimate your nem with light, how many watts per gallon do you have?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hmm sebae anemone's are cool. I dont know if a clown will host it or not...My clowns hosted a gonipora for a while.......kinda sweet. Your best bet would be to buy them in a deal. A pair of wild caught clowns WITH the anenome they were hosting. It would probably set you back 100-150.......but the fish and the anenome are both a LOT happier together. As far as it not moving.....let it do its thing, it will move where its happy. It may be happy there. Dont force it to move. If its sticky and tacky feeling.........then its healthy.......if its slimey and wont hold on to you.....its sick. :) Easy way to tell.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i need to get a mate for my black and white oscellaris but u think it will host a bubble tip?

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

this sounds rough, but i have never lost anything. Chuck it straight in, no climate control nothing. and don't touch it. I mean never. They will have a mind of their own, u move them they move somewhere else. the only time you should touch them is to feed or if they go near a power head.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

agreeing with all posts so far .....just want to reiterate, even if a clown is "compatable" on a chart, that doesn't mean they will host it, they can be picky lil buggars, lol

my clowns are hostinga patch of green hair alge right now ............i think there might be crack in the water or something...LMAO

good luck sabaes are awsome nems only second to a nice carpet ....heheheh

i don't have any but i love my clowns

Boss

mwallin85

by mwallin85

Well now i am more worried when i got up this morning my anemone looked even worse. It will not attach itself to anything yet. It was fliped upside down and was about half the size it was last night. All of its tentacles are all sucked in, it looks deflated. Its also not sticky, I moved it to the top of the tallest live rock i have in my tank now. Any ideas

mwallin85

by mwallin85

Oh there was one quetion about my light set up. I have a Orbit 48 inch compact fluorescent with two 65 Watt Dual Actinic Lamps (460nm/420nm) and two 65 Watt Dual Daylight Lamps (10,000K/6700K). I run these for 11 hours a day.

mwallin85

by mwallin85

any help anyone?

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

dont stress mate, let it be for another day or two. if it cant find a position by then youcould try holding it to a rock, by hand but this could take an hour or more with ur hand in the one position. but i would let it do its own thing first.

Sebae Anemone

13 posts • Page 1 of 2