Proetien Skimmer Ton of Bubbles No Build Up ???

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

rockyfish

by rockyfish

Hello fellow marinest i have an instant ocean 110 Skimmer im very good at what we do but for some reason this skimmer is blowing a ton of bubbles and im not getting build up in the cup anyone running an Instant ocean skimmer thanx for the help if you can Rocky......

fihsboy

by fihsboy

how long have you had it up and running? They take up to 3-4 weeks to break in fully. Welcome to the addiction. You just have to let it run its course. It will take a while, but theres nothing you can do about it just like everything else with tanks. Eventually you could upgrade skimmers to a red sea prizm or aqua C remora...both hang on back skimmer known for quality and insane skimming capabilites. Looks like you have a good start up tank though.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Okay, I just looked at your tank. You have a great looking tank....but if you dont get a bigger skimmer your going to be running into some problems down the road. I have a remora pro on my 29 gallon...its made to run a LOT bigger than that. I would certainly run something like a sump based skimmer....the seaclone just isnt made for anything that big. If your keeping corals that like nutrients such as mushrooms and xenia.....then your in business........but sps will not survive with the excessive nutrients...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha the remora pro is rated for 40 -120 gal tanks and hes got it on a 29... thatta boy

littlej2455

by littlej2455

i have a skimmer on my 125 and i dont get a lot of bubbles but a lot of build up. What causes that?

rockyfish

by rockyfish

Thanx alot for the info um yea ive been running this skimmer for about a year just recently its been blowing out of control but no build up i do know this is rated for a 110 gal not a 125gal i did look at those red sea prizm Skimmers on ebay the only ones i saw there only rated up to 65gal i mean i cleaned my skimmer good and still bubbles all over i dont know i mightjust look into buying a new skimmer thanx for the help really guys.........

fihsboy

by fihsboy

that could be a problem......maybe you cleaned it too well. That would cause it to have to break in again.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

maybe you''re tank has skimmed all the shit out. possible.
either that you cleaned it to well

rockyfish

by rockyfish

Wow i never thought i cleaned it to well i did take it all apart and cleaned it and i do think sometime that maybe there is more right now suck up but thats impossible i would think when i put frozen cube in there she really goes crazy thanx for the info guys PuffedupSeaGull that is one of the sickest tank ive seen great nite now....................

9 posts