Help finding a stand

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

tsegura

Help finding a stand

by tsegura

I have a 46 gallon bow front tank,it came with a metal stand that I"ve been using for a couple of years, but now I want to get a wood stand with wood doors all I can find is one"s with glass doors for the 46 . All the stands I like are for smaller or bigger bow fronts. Can any one give me web sites etc. that may have the type of stand I"m looking for ? Thanks

Poetic_Irony2267

Re: Help finding a stand

by Poetic_Irony2267

http://www.rjaquatics.com/html/modules. ... page&pid=5

i haven't been able to find much as far as aquarium stands go. i generally build my own. for me there is no point in purchasing something that i can build myself, now what you may want to do is speak to local pet store owners and have them go through their catalogs with you and show you the styles they will have available for you. that way you can get the stand you want with solid wood doors. worse comes to worse take the measurements of the tank too any local cabinet maker and they will be able to come up with several custom designs for you.

i hope some of this helps.
Brandon

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Too bad you don't live in the San Fernando Valley because my local aquarium store has had a really nice 'fit in the corner of the room type' stand/cabenet with a curved front and good working doors that looks like it would fit your tank sitting out by their dumpster. I love dumpster diving at aquarium stores. Today I found a working 4 ft double 95 watt power compact light in the trash. Yippy! Peter

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

LOL @ Peter!!!!!

we think alike, my local pet stores call me when they have old stock and they are going to go through a "Clearing out the shelves" process!! all because they know that i will come around and check the dumpsters once every two weeks or so to see what they are throwing out, they had a tank that was left there on consignment about four months ago, no one purchased it, and they could not contact the person that dropped it off, so they were going to toss it in the trash as they have no use for something that isn't going to sell and is taking up space in their shop, the stand was garbage by my standards, and one side of the tank was scratched up pretty good, being a rectangular tank i was like ummm ok i will take it off your hands and out of your shop... it was a 55 gal tank with glass hoods and working lights, i happened to have extra filters laying around so i took the tank and painted the outside of the scratched side, with a reverse painting process, creating leaves and grass like images and then went over all of that with black high gloss on a sponge. looks GREAT and you can't see the scratches, i built a stand for it for less than $40.00 and painted that and gave it too a friend for his birthday. not bad for a forty dollar gift... took a few days to build the stand and let the paint dry. when i showed up at his place on his birthday with all of it wrapped and packaged... with a bottle of wine... He almost Cried. was a great gift and now he and his wife and little boy have a tank of their own. they use to come to my place just to hang out and watch the fish!!! now they have their own in their den and have taken the tv out of there and they sit and have family time after dinner in there every night instead of in the living room with the tv on...... it's great to see things like that and to be able to be a part of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brandon

ps. he has no idea that the tank didn't cost me a dime.... hehehe the most expensive thing i gave him that day was the bottle of wine!

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

well if you live in Canada there are stores called Big Als Warehouse, thats where I go. They have a website: www.bigals.com (i just go to google and type "big als fish store")

Help finding a stand

5 posts