nick name

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

kei9th

nick name

by kei9th

how did you all come up with your profile names? mine is a crappy story but if any one would like to know ill tell. its been with me since 9th grade.

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Well my handle has been with me for a long time. Serial used to be my hacking handle which I don't do hacking anymore unless they are very CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES...lol. Serial32, i just added a double digit to change it up now that i dont do that anymore.
I think I've been known as Serial since about 7th grade.

I also just learned yesterday that the guy in the movie "hackers" is called Serial. Which I had no idea about and really made me feel shitty cuz I thought it was a unique name. Oh well...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ive been the "Snowboss" for many years like serial too - - i use nothing but BOSS plows on my trucks and hen i was in KS for quite a few years {where snow is at a minimum most of the time i was called the snowboss being from NY and all.......................just kinda stuck, so i started useing it online a few years ago and here we are

Boss

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

My boyfriend calls me his little bug when i pinch him. And he gets pinched alot. Christina + Bug. So not creative. Its my x-box live name thing too.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I have had DizzCat for about 14 years now. Wow! Long time! I picked that when I first went online.

Where did I come up with it? Well, my name is Cathy and I have an inner ear disease that causes me to have really bad rotational vertigo attacks, the world spins for hours, ick! (also deaf in my left ear and hard of hearing in my right from it). So The Dizz comes from that. DizzCat (Dizzy Cathy)
:-)

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

My nickname off the web is Fu(pronounced foo). In my group of friends there's two Josh's, me and this other Josh. My last name was easier to make something of so they picked the first two letters(Fu) then bam.

I picked BurgerKing randomly, and use it on most forums. My X-box thing is ScreamnStallion, once again, dont know why. People think I'm some sort of horse rapist.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

initinals and the 183 = 1983 and i just mixed them all up .....

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

Wow, these are weird ways to come up with nicknames, like dizzcat, really odd. lol

Kei9th, what is the story behind your name?

vwfan79

by vwfan79

My is pretty simple I love Volkswagens and was born in 1979, also had a 79 bus for a while too. I've had the email address vwfan79 for about 10 years and started using it as a handle.

kei9th

by kei9th

some time in the beginning of 9th or tenth grade i had a very nutty friend who collected everything that had to do with comics. this guys name was Thomas but everyone called him tempest like from the phrase a tempest in a teapot. to this day he hasn't settled down one bit. well he always was reading comics, and i got almost every class with him, being a exemplary student i had a lot of free time. i would read his comics will we screwed off. i noticed one of his odd comics, the superheros name had a % sign in his name instead of a letter o. i exclaimed that that was not fair and said if this superhero could use a % sign instead of a letter i should be able to do it also. he wrote on a small piece of paper kei9th gave it to me and said i should be happy. i am and have thought of getting my name legally changed. i started signing my name in school for the rest of the time that way even today i sign my name like that. i wanted my son to take my name and i was going to put the 9 in his name. at the time i didnt know i could so he just got my name. the 9 is silent and when people ask what i mean i just laugh. it is one of the few great memories i have.

nick name

12 posts • Page 1 of 2