the time has come

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

the time has come

by blueshoes2208

ok i know ive talked about what fish i wanna get but i dont feel like paying the shipping cost of live fish so tomorrow i think im oging to my lfs.... they carry your basic fish IE oscellaris (sp?) clowns, purple firefish, blue/green reef chromis.......... the clowns are split up into 5 or 6 tanks with 4 or 5 fish in eacy 20 gallon tank for sale, would it matter if i bought two fish from one tank WITHOUT an anenome since they havent bonded with one?
I just cant hold the urge anylonger...... i am working 40 hrs this week so that shold be able to pay for my skimmer and after i pay for my car insurance on the 3rd i can use that left over to get a koralia 3 ... i think or should i get a 2? my tank is approx 20 in deep and 38 in from corner to corner.... need immediate thoughts as i shuold have fish within 24 hrs, haha and i need info on cheap fish, money IS an issue this time

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

clowns do not need nems to be happy............if your going to get more than one, get them at the same time and always remeber clown fish are damsels in nice clothes {same family}

chromis are good shoaling fish and should be 3 or more at a time and damsels are beautiful little fish, they just don't play well with others . . .and their about as cheap as you can get

i would get a couple cheap maxi jets for now and save for the koralia pump.......you gotta have that flow and you can always use the maxis somewhere else down the road..............nurse tank, salt mix tank, another start up tank etc etc

Pimp swears by his old school maxi's and hates the Koralia he just bought ...so

Boss

schigara

by schigara

Yup, Maxijets with Sureflow mod kick butt. The only thing better about the Koralias is the magnet with costs about 30 bucks for the MJ's

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i like my Koralia nano...one yes for the magnet mount..and it is really easy to aim anywhere i want..........where as the standard powerheads have to be twisted and angled to get the direction you want sometimes ......but i don't think ill be getting the big daddy Kor's they're about the size of a football .....ill go with a closed loop first

newbie916

by newbie916

The magnet is very nice on the Koralia's.My Rio's always fall off because the suction cups go bad.Hope everyone is doing well.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

okie dokie got me two black and white oscellaris, ones about 2in and the other about 1.5 in, i need some names... for hte big one im thinking about Moe.... :))

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

one more thing... lately ive been seeing a remarkable number of sea stars...... their just grey, white and about half an inch at max and i just realized that on my mag float theres about 10 really small ones about a centimeter in width... haha do i have a breeding program for stars??

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok so nobody has posted so ill post again.... this time with bad news........ the fish i named moe escaped through a 2 inch opening where my outlet to the filter went and has now passed...... im prolly the most pissed of person in the world right now.....

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well you shouldn't have named him Moe................my large clown is named MO...............

seriously though...........that sucks man, sorry for the loss, pretty wierd though, thats a one in a million shot.....clowns are sciddish but usually not to the point of hitting a target like that ...............

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah... will i be okay buying another black and white oscellaris clown from the lfs? the one i still have has yellow side fins, the other one i was with did not but was slightly bigger, do i need to get one that doesnt have yellow fins?

the time has come

13 posts • Page 1 of 2