Hello everybody!

3 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

zambize

Hello everybody!

by zambize

Sorry I was gone so long. I've been real sick. I was in the hospital for the last 3 weeks, but I'm ok now. My partner has been taking care of my tanks. (Yikes) Many of the fish died, but the main ones made it. I've been so sick and taking so many meds my memory is swiss cheese so pardon repetitive questions. Some of you may remember that I had serious pH problems, but that seems to have turned around. I *know* I could look this up, but I'm not quite up to research, tell me what you think about the pH:

6.6 gallon tank:
2 Otocinclus
1 female betta (Olivia)
pH is 7.4-7.6

10 gallon tank
2 (name escapes me, algae eaters)
1 male betta
1 male frog
pH is 7.4-7.6

20 gallon tank (Wayne's World)
1 male betta
1 male frog (Wayne)
pH is 6.0-6.4 <--- I don't know why this one is so low

37 gallon bowfront
1 pearl gourami
1 red tailed black shark
6 Julii Corycats
5 Platy
4 Guppy
4 Bloodfin Tetra
pH is 7.4-7.6
kH is 5
gH is off the chart around 15 (the chart stops around 12)

I measured the other stuff too, but I can't find the paper I wrote it on........I ain't quite right yet.......sheesh. And I since I spoke to you last (I think) we had one cat and one dog die. :( (and lots of fish.....)

Zambize

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

jeeesh man.........well if you posting your getting better............welcome back and keep moving forward...............we've all missed you

now if we can get PK back ......lol

take care my friend

Boss

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Z, good to see you're alive and well-er. Hope you had good holidays. Sorry about all your losses. :(

If you have a large piece of driftwood in your 20gal it may have something to do with the low pH especially if it wasn't receiving steady water changes.

gH and kH tend to be high if your water is being topped off a lot (by evaporation) and not changed out. a few mid-volume water changes in both tanks replaced by R/O water should get things steady...

Hello everybody!

3 posts