Coralline covered back glass.

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

schigara

by schigara

I got a wild hair last week and decided to scrape all the coralline off the back glass of my tank. Wow. I had no idea how good it would look. I have been seeing pics of Italian and Japanese tanks with Euro bracing and coralline free glass and thought it looked clean but didn't get the full impact until I did it myself.

I used to think the tank looked more mature with a solid covering of coralline on the back glass but it is amazing how much bigger the tank seems with a clean back glass, especially because it is painted black. The colors of the coralline encrusted rock, the corals and the fish just pop off the black/empty background!

Anyone else tried the "clean" look?

I'll get some new pics up soon. I sold my crappy Kodak Z712is because it had just basic presets for white balance and could never get a good picture with accurate color rendition and bought a Nikon D2H pro DSLR but am waiting for my charger to be shipped.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

haha, coralline covered backs look like scince projects of some sort, merry x- mas man, here is some new stuff i got=)
34bbd-HD 001.JPG
a8de0-HD 002.JPG

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

here is the clean backround

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

hahaha, my pic wont work,

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

i clean it off my glass once a week. i agree it makes everything amplifed

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Schigara,

I'm so glad you did it! I always loved your tanks, except the thick coralline on the back. I bet it looks better now. Post some pics please! How's the new fish? I seen pictures the other day...Pretty stunning!
Cheers,
Dick

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

k got this patch of purple stuff, doesnt come off like algae pretty tough, is this the beginning of schigaras coraline covered wall

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

btw i jus found the remains of one of my blue leg hermits.... does that happen very often? i have 6 scarlet herms, 9 blue legs now, 2 astrea snails, 2 turbos, and 6 nassarius (sp?)... cannibalism??

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

make sure you don't have all the crabs.............from time to time they molt and it looks like they have been slaughtered .......when my big crab molts it looks like a war movie exploded in my tank...lol.......i panic and in a day or two he's running around like nothing happened

and yes that sounds like coraline on you glass

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah i see other crabs in there...... it jus looks like a perfect set of legs and face and stuff, still holding a perfect blue coloration with fleshy stuff floating behind it

11 posts • Page 1 of 2