rigging tank for archer fish

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

r0addawg

by r0addawg

I recently got an archer fish, and i was wondering what some folks got out there for feeding they're archers. I was thinking either just strapping a branch to the tank and putting crickets on it when i wanna feed him. Or tie a string over the opening. Anyone got any good ideas?

CedricAndCandy7566

by CedricAndCandy7566

got any blowflies or normal flies you can catch? ...just let them fly above the surface below your tank's hood and the archer will shoot it from there!

BurgerKing7704

by BurgerKing7704

A lot of people either have a really tall canopy or lower the water level of their tank to allow flies to fly by. Archer's are great fish, and it's tons of fun to watch them spit water. My male was really good but my females were never too successful, so I put pellets and freeze dried shrimp in aswell.

How many gallons is your tank?? And are you keeping this fish solo, or are you planning on adding more fish?

r0addawg

by r0addawg

Both really good ideas. thanks guys. He's currently in with the rest of my fish in my 30 gallon. angelfish, knight goby, molly, tetra, plata, pleco, pictus cat, and a freshwater flounder, seems like a lot, but they are all Real small. trying to talk my girlfriend into letting me get my brothers 70 gallon :D

4 posts