Elegance corals and Gorgonians

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

cablemike5003

by cablemike5003

Ok guys, i need help.. I had an elegance when i was still new to the hobby and it died about 6 months after i got it, it had a war with my bubble anemone and they both dies a few days after. I really want one but dont want to get one to watch it die again.. ive read they are not so hardy anymore like they used to be but ive also read it depends if its from deep water or shallow water, if it has blue tips or pink tips.. if its from australia they will live.. any one have any good experience with Elegance? Also i want to add a couple Gorgonians to my tank, and i need light loving Gorgonians as there is no dark in my tank.. I know most ribbon Gorgonians are light dependant but what else.. and can you please post a pic of the species as the dealers i go to just label them as Gorgonians and have no idea what is what. I just hate buying something to watch it die a slow death when it would have probably live a thousand years in the ocean. The elegance is my favorite coral and not having it in my tank makes it feel incomplete.
b2642-reef111.JPG

cablemike5003

by cablemike5003

The circle in the botton is where the elegance would reside slightly shaded under the Toadstool, and the Gorgonians to fill in the empty spots. Love my paint editing dont ya.. heh

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

agree to the elegance position. Gorgonians r hard to keep. be prepared to baby thee\m

3 posts