new tank new cycle?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

new tank new cycle?

by fihsboy

Okay so im hooking up my sump from my 29 to my 70.......and its established....It wont be moved. My plan is to move my 29 to my old stand......keep my fish and corals in it..Then put the 70 on my new stand hook it up to my existing sump and fill that bad boy with live rock and water and start her up. Thoughts or suggestions on the move?

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

i would think that if you are using the same sump.... and live rock for that matter you should be fine with your cycle, and just use asmuch old water from the 29 in the 70

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thats what I was thinking......There shouldnt really be any (cycle) Maybe a small one. But all the fish clean up crew sand and rock are from what I have now. Maybe a small spike with everything.....im going to get some more sand.....but it will only help. I dont know. What do you guys think would be the easiest way to move everything? My 70 is going on the same stand my 29 is on now.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

yeah you might have a small spike but i think aslong as you keep the same amount of bio load that you have in the 29 for a week or two you should be fine...... and as far as moving the tank , that is a tough one, because you dont want to try to risk moving the tank full , maybe possibly move everything to a rubbermade or something like that take out the water... yada yada..... put new tank up there then fill it up make sure all your water is identical then move everything back

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

i no when i added my tank nothing changed. its not really going to effect any thing just adding a new container for the water??? the rest of the tank has cycled and bio load is coping with wat waters in there

new tank new cycle?

5 posts