Opinions on rock options.....

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Okay so im in the process of setting up my 70......waiting on christmas (RO unit coming from santa) but I asked my lfs about a piece of rock today.........its 40 lbs...at 6 bucks a pound. and he will cut me a deal from 240 to 200. I said JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! I cant pay 200 bucks for ONE rock. So im looking into buying this dry base rock and keeping the rest of what I have.....OR buying from petco a piece here and a piece there......its pretty nice rock and I got a 15lb rock for 25 bucks...I was looking at this base rock too.... http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~ ... ndor~.html

What should I do crew?

schigara

by schigara

Check with the local club for tank tear downs or just just get base rock. You can get some excellent deals from Petco and the deal you talk about sounds very good

nicholas542

by nicholas542

most of the cured rock I got was from petco they have smokin deals on liverock

dram5376799

by dram5376799

Check on craigslist.com. People who have really nice set-ups and don't want them anymore post everything there, and it's local so you don't have to worry about shipping. I got more than 100 pounds of live rock from a guy for 40 bucks!!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

im been checking craigslist..everyone thats selling it is selling it for obscene amounts. One guy in town is trying to sell it for 10 bucks a lb.....Ill probably just hit petco....its next to my work and the fish supervisor loves me there. Maybe she will order me some large pieces.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

yeah i definably agree. here what i do is look in the traders in the paper. and find people selling tanks etc ask if they would separate rock, and offer them a pound or kilo value. once they do the sums they think fuck more money and separate the rock from the rest

6 posts