Nurse Shark

25 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Unless you had a tank that wrapped around your living room. Haha. Now that would be awesome. Like one of those tunnels in seaworld. My mother is a marine biologist but for some reason she hasn't gotten into my fish tanks much...

nicholas542

by nicholas542

my little sister is studying marine biology at Western University she has one more year to go. So alot of my questions go through her. Hopefully she will get her intership through Oregon State University, and dive/study marine life on the west coast there.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Me I am a grease monkey for life I finished 2 years in Auto Technology at Wenatchee Valley College, Two years of Auto Machining at Spokane Community College, and a Year of Transmission and drivetrain tech training at Spokane community.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

That is cool. My mom went to FSU. We used to own a dive charter business. I got certified when I was 11, and used to have to tell people what to do on the boat. It was pretty funny, having to tell these men, that were old enough to be my grandfather, what to do haha. I missed those days. That was the only good thing about my moms ex-husband. He pushed me to get certified and even though I met the requirements he told me he wouldn't certify me unless I completed the training HIS way. Which was like some serious damn navy seals bullshit haha. I had to fight him while diving, he would cut my tank off mid fiight, rip my mask off, knock out my regulator, disconnect my regulator from the tank, unstrap my bc and weight belt. I remember one time I had my bc in one hand and my other hand held tight to the weight belt so I wouldn't float up to the surface. I had to swim 2 laps in the pool and could stop once for a breath of air I took from the regulator, I had to do that nonstop 10 times! I remember I couldn't do it after numerous attempts and finally dissapointed myself so much I started crying. I was outside all night trying to do it. I eventually completed that part of the training. Good times... I think I will write a book about my life.

BurgerKing7704

by BurgerKing7704

Maybe you could work something out with your local zoo, or place that keeps sharks. You could raise them then pass em on to marineland or whatever. I dont feel they should be kept in regular tanks, even as much as 500g, especially when fully grown.

Im pretty sure my LFS raises sharks then passes them onto someone with a bigger tank once they outgrow the one at their facility.

Nurse Shark

25 posts • Page 3 of 3