EXTREMELY cloudy water

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

acerkai640

EXTREMELY cloudy water

by acerkai640

last night i finally set up my salt tank and well the water was cloudy as can be and so i finally decided to just let it run over night to see if it would clear up and well.......

......nothing it is still as cloudy as before i dont know what to do can anyone help or let me know a better solution on how to get rid of the cloudy water. i would like to get some fish and corals today but i cant do that if i dont know have clear water.

HELP PLEASE

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

calm down ..........lol

what size tank, how did you set it up, what type of water, how did you mix it, what type of substrate, how did you put it in, etc etc etc ....give us the steps as you set it up and we'll see if we can help you figure it out

Boss

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

ok first you have to wait a few weeks for the tank to cycle befor you get fish and coral second its probally the sand that is clouding the water throw a micron bag on the pipe coming from the tank to the sump

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

my tank was cloudy as hell to, as in i couldnt see the back of my tank for at least 2 days, i guess after the salt settled down it cleared up just fine, not its crystal clear, has been since about day 3...... see what it looks like tonight

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

if its new substrate and you just chucked it in the tank, then it will b cloudy for ages. normal setup of a tank, will have some cloudyness.
If you did just put it in, i would start again. removing the water and the substarte, and washing ur substarte in a bucket and flush it, all the cloudiness will rise to the top and eventually become clear. Then restock ur tank. Put in the water, and leave it for a few weeks while you read up on tank cycling.
http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/bionit ... uarium.htm

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i put my rocks in then my two substrates then i put a bowl in it and then poured the water in, i didnt have ne trouble with cloudy substrate, anyone else not do that?

EXTREMELY cloudy water

6 posts