cloudy freshwater tank

3 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

snookfishin85

cloudy freshwater tank

by snookfishin85

My tank is cloudy. It's not like a particle cloudy, it's more like a foggy morning. I tested the water and my Ph is 7.8 and there is no nitrates, nitrites, or amonia what so ever and I've tried using some water clerifier and we've done a water change.
My tank is 75 gal. and we have 7 lake malawis and a pleco my biggest fish is probably 3" long. I can't see understocking being the problem. The tank has been set up for about 6 months and it's been cloundy for about 2 weeks and gradually getting worse. The filter is also for a little larger tank with plenty of circulation. I need some advice or other opinions. Thanx.

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

It could possibly be an algae bloom. Algae does take many different forms and is not always the plant type particles that are visible to the human eye. Sometimes algae spores can fill a tank and make it look smokey...

adehaan86

by adehaan86

I would also check filters to make sure there not over flowing. I usually use Start Right it really helps with that stuff. I also like to use like a power head to circulate the water.

cloudy freshwater tank

3 posts