amount of fish in tank

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

amount of fish in tank

by blueshoes2208

k so i need another post to keep me busy on here so after i get my light and aqua c rem pro- mag drive 3, in my 70 gal, also running an fx5, how does...

mated pair clowns, either osciallairs (sp?) or black and white
midas blenny
flame OR black knox angelfish- anyone know ne thing bout the knox?
blue/green reef chromis
perhaps a six line wrasse idk

any confrontation issues or other comments i need to know abotu as well??

schigara

by schigara

In a 70, nothing wrong with the clowns or the blenny.Never heard of a Black Knox Angel(link handy?) I'm sure you know any Angel other than Lamarck's are very likely to nip at coral.

Chromis are fine.

I am against Sixlines. They can be extremely aggressive unless added last and even then can still be aggressive towards other Wrasses.

Sixlines are very common. Check out the Leopard Wrasses. They are all very peaceful and you can have 1-3 of them in a 70. Take a look at the Potter's and Ornate Leopards. No bare bottom tanks for Leopards. You will need at least a 1.5-2 inch sand bed as this is where they bed down at night.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hum i must have over looked the leopard wrasse, i thought i saw somewhere where htey mught be aggressive so i havnet really checked them out anywhere, ill look into those other wrasse as well.
its good to have actual aquarists opinions on these things because if im correct liveaquaria says that six lines were not too aggressive.
correct me if im wrong but is it always better to get a captive bred and born fish over a wild caught one right?
Any opinions on anthias???
Any opinions on the order i should buy/ acclimate the fish once the time comes???
thanks schig

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Six line wrasse=tons of fun to watch. Mine is very exciting and energetic. Can be agressive when its feeding time though. wild verse captive is purely choice. Wild clowns should be bought WITH the anenome they were hosting.....so neither dies. (I happens alot) Captive raised clowns wont respond to an anenome.......at all. All fish have a differnt attitude when they are tank raised rather than from the ocean.......but after seeing finding nemo.....you really dont want to take nemo from marlin no matter what species of fish it is.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Chromis yes, great fish, maybe six small to medium size ones in your tank. They are better in groups. Let those guys acclimatise to the tank and let the tanks bio load recover or equalise.
Then occelaris, because they sometimes will allow black and whites in the tank with them. Get a mating pair if possible, u never no ur luck. Also leave them for a month to acclimatise as well.\
BLACK KNOX fucknoes.
Stay clear of six lines, get a leopard lke shingara said. they are hardy and easy feeders. they live in the gravel, i have attached a pick of mine when he was younger.
if you are getting corals, steer well clear of angels or butterflys. coral killers.
also is here is a link to a good compatability chart for coral invert and fish. read cros then go down in the graph. Print the puppy of and glue it to the back of your tank. or put it in your car so you have it at the LFS

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/saltwater ... _chart.php
c267e-p-80748-Blue-Star-Leopard[1].jpg

amount of fish in tank

5 posts