Live Chat

10 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Live chat section

Agree
89%
Disagree
11%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes : 9

spongebob4460

Live Chat

by spongebob4460

I wouldn't mind a LIVE chat area on this site if possible... agree or disagree or don't care?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i already tried that. goto feedback , they said they cant do it now. agree

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

darnit

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

3 rooms would be nice. mabie if we beg....lol

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

would you be willing to help pay for a chat room.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

I wouldn't mind a $3 monthly charge... this site helps me save much more than that each month... but im not new to websites, pretty sure webmaster can add a chat room and advertise the page to help cover any costs (advertising should be fairly easy to get).

snowboss

by snowboss

Im would love a chat room - - BUT --- to every action there is an equal posative or negative reaction, as I stated I would love to be able to ask my questions "live" but if that were to happen I probably wouldn't post anymore....thus destroying the site as it is - -unfortunately as we get more advanced and things move faster and faster - -the BLOG portion of this wonderful site would basically become the US Post office [not used very much] and being able to go back and read advice and research other posts is what makes this site such a wonderful place - - -not to mention it takes some time to get an answer.......can you imagine how fast people would mess up their tanks {speaks of himself} without that "pause" while I wait for a response to a post I send???? LOL live chat is great but detrimental at the same time - - I'm on the fence on this one, Snow Boss

angus4481

by angus4481

i think of it kinda like the boss, if you make it live chat the point of the forums is lost. Plus, the forums are how people find this site and join. the main thing is, look at pros and cons of the live chat.

pros
1 you would be able to stay in close contact with other tank addicts
2 get instant info in aquatic emergencys
3 if someone doesn't understand an answer givin to the Q, you could live chat to explain further in depth

and now the Cons
1 people could abuse it to talk about things other than tanks or fish
2 the forums would be pointless, meaning, no one would use them
3 you wouldn't do your own research if some one gave you info that easy, dont take other peps advice if you dont know from your own research.

i myself think the site is awsome for info, but the site itself could be more glamorous. it kinda needs a makeover.lol

milky648

Freshwater tank

by milky648

HELP GUYS I NEED HELP my girl friend just bought a 10 gallon rocks plasts in put water in but cycel in let it run for a week ph was 7.0 put gyppies in all great now she got a new eclipse lid and im guessing bc its new she hasto re recycel it, she used the old filter couse it was berly used but the biowhell is new and her ph went to like 7.8 blue as it can get and it wont come down she put ph down proper ph and it wont come down help!!!
Last edited by milky648 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

post in freshwater. you will get a faster response

Live Chat

10 posts