need help a.s.a.p please!!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

ok my lions came down with vilvet about 2 weeks ago. i polled them out of the tank in to a hospitol tank for a week and loded it with copper. i thought it was taken care off. after i cleaned the entire tank out and put the fish back into the tank 3 days later i think it is back. know the lions are not young. one is 6 and the other two are around 4 years old. so i dont thank thay would servive a freash water dip. and i cant put copper into the tank thay are in right know it would destroy all my live rock. i have herd that garlic works but how do you add it to the tank? and is there anything else that is reef safe and with out any more stress on the fish that would help with this?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I have no idea. I didnt know garlic would do that......I would see the lfs and ask them. I know you can buy aquarium garlic......called extreme garlic and you just put in a couple of drops. When my six line wrasse got pop eye........I put in epsom salt......lfs told me to. It worked and he was fine. Hes still kicking and starting to get fat. His eye is 100%, and I thought he was past the point of no return.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

well garlic is a natural anti fungal, so if what they came down with is a fungal type infection i caould see ho that might work

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

dont do it on my story, but i think i heard dickheaders say he put the oil from a jar of crushed garlic in there ....don't know how much or if he was kidding or not...but maybe IM him and see what he has to say

good luck bud, i'd hate to see those beauties not be here anymore

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

leo is my oldest at 6 years he is like my son. and if you cant tell by my sine on i treat my lions as my kids. i even pet them. i realy hope thay poll throu. and i dont know if anyone has seen one this big but i also have a 5 to 6 inch marien beta in there to. he is almost 3. im so hopeing everything works good any advice would be greatfull.

deltasigpony3923

by deltasigpony3923

hey i have used garlic for ich and a few other things if they are eating put a few drops in their food if not drop on drop per gallon in the tank... it is called garlic extreme

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

I HAVE USED REAL GARLIC FOR ITCH AND VELVET AND IT WORKED FOR ME GREAT.
Get your self a garlic crusher. get half a clove, and it and some normal dried food to the crusher and crush directly to the tank. Did this daily to my tank and itch was gone in a week. FOR ME THAT IS, and i have never had it back since. Now i used pre crushed garlic in a bottle, just check it has no additives or preservatives.

7 posts