filter

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

kdn00

filter

by kdn00

for a 55-75 tank is it worth it to have a wet dry filter or a canister filter.

gumbii

by gumbii

it all depends on you, and what you plan to keep in this said tank...

a little more information might help...

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

you could always get both... smaller gph for each , and then you benefit from the pros of each.

gumbii

by gumbii

the only benifets a canister has over the wet/dry is that it's sealed in a sinle unit... so it wont spill in a black out...

the only benifet i could think of a wet/dry has is the ability to include a heater, do a water change, add TONS of media and change the pump when it goes out...

but i asked him if he was going to stock the tank with... he could only want a couple of angels or something... so i'd recomend a cheappie jebo canister... but if he wants something like discus or a heavily stocked south american tank, i'd go for a wet/dry with a 30g sump and a 600+gph pump...

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

Yes it is worth it because there are usually no other filters made for that big of a tank. My friend has a 65 with a canister and it is working great. With them you only have to drain 14 gallons of water every 2 weeks. Make sure to replace the carbon every month or so. This filter is also a good filter for community tanks. I highly recomend this filter

filter

5 posts