Should I add more fish??? I got the itch to buy fishes..

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

doenuttz

by doenuttz

Please help Guys or give your opinion, I will respect it,

FOWLR = 60L X 18W X 20H
It currently houses
5.5 emperor angel
5.5 dogface puffer
3.0 racoon butterfly
3.0 picasso trigger
13 snowflake eel
5.5 greenbird wrasse
3.0 powder brown tang
2 singapore angel ( which I think I am going to return to my LFS)

The fishes seems fine aside for the singapore angel( its getting bullied by every tenant)

I wanted to add
clown trigger or harlequin tusk ( maybe both)

Will this work???
What fish would you add or take out???

schigara

by schigara

First of all I want to say you have an excellent taste in fish.

The Singapore Angel is my very favorite fish but as you have witnessed, is a very shy and delicate fish. It's a fish that should be introduced first and allowed to have free reign long before any others are added.

Is the Singapore eating? There is a variant of this fish called a Cream Angel which is hardier and not as shy.

Once the Singapore stops eating, it's very difficult to get it eating again unless you remove the inhabitants that are intimidating it.

The Emperor is and will be way too big for the tank so I would take it back.

schigara

by schigara

I would take out all but one. Yea, just keep one! You have a relatively small tank and every fish you have is a big showpiece fish. Have you even considered any small fish like gobies or blennies?

doenuttz

by doenuttz

Thx schigara!!! From the time I posted this question , The singapore angel was getting bullied . Well it's not anymore and eating mussel and pellets. I can't help myself . My LFS gives me a very good discount on fishes. For example a 2 to 3 inch emperor for $30, koran angel $20,a clown trigger for $50, singapore angel $15,banner fish $15,picasso trigger $9. I can go on and on.

I like alot of movement in my FOWLER tank, The powder brown and picasso trigger provides it.But it seems my tanks another fish would make it better( clown trigger).

I did try blennies and gobies in the tank before. Let me tell you !!!! it was an expensive food for my eel.

And you are right, My emperor will outgrow my tank and its getting close to 6 inch now. I will either buy a bigger tank or return the emperor for store credit...So far I think its okay right now..

PS , If anybody is thinking of adding a singapore angel in a reef. DO NOT DO IT!!! It nips on zoas, frogspawn , kenya tree . Stupid me , I thought I was special that the angel would not do it..

4 posts