sick betta

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

jstcrusin

sick betta

by jstcrusin

I have a betta I recently tried breeding him he built the nest. I read that you have to watch for the female to get fat and to look for a stripe before you put her in,anyway before I had a chance tp put the female in the bubble nest disappeared after a couple of days I took the female out. Now I notice that the male is just laying on the gravel or in the plants. I think he might have something wrong with him any advice would be greatly appreciated or an address of a web site I could visit

thanks

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

The same thing happened to me, the bubblenest just popped and they never bred. The male has been doing fine. What's the tempature. It should be 70 degrees. Try changing the water. Do you have the female in a seperate tank. You have to give more detail. That's why nobody answers you.

jstcrusin

by jstcrusin

I took the female out of the tank the water is about 76 I have done several water changes. I have also added aquarium salt. the tank is a 10 gallon tank. my betta has been sick about a week and a half. tonight I just tried putting in some fungus killer into the tank to see how that works. every one I talked to tells me to just flush him and get a new one but my guy is just like a dog when I walk up to the tank he will swim up to the top and kind of wags his body but he gets tired and floats to the bottom. so I won't flush him I will contunue to do all that I can to save him.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

I just had a bala shark die from stress... thought it was fungus, but the minute he died my other fish (which were showing the same signs but not as bad) bounced back in 12 hours! I think stress is a huge factor, so don't add chemicals at this point. Best thing is small water changes.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

lower the tempature

sick betta

5 posts