Got rid of my Haitian Condy

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

Resently i had my occelaris clown disappear, and then my condy was about twice it's normal size. I wouldn't stop moving around the tank, and kept moving toward my corals. their sting can be harmful if not fatal for some corals so I took him back to my local fish store where I got him. I might get a rose bubble tip, but probably not. I don't really want to put an anemone in there that can possably kill my nice corals.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Yeah you're right. Also watch out for stony corals in the future, not to put any softies(or any other corals) real close to them. I lost one of my small zoanthid frag, cuz I put him to close to my trumpet. He stung a shit out of him.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

yeah I got my branching frog spawn in their own little area

newbie916

by newbie916

I've got a large rose bubbletip and he killed two of my Xenia frags and stung the crap out of one of my toadstools. The damn anemone is about 12" in diameter now and is fairly aggressive. Also, my bicolor blenny vanished a few weeks ago and I think my bubbletip ate him. I didn't like him anyways because he almost killed one of my maxima clams. Karma I guess. I wouldn't recommend to put one in a smaller reef system. My system is 100 gallons and it's way too small for my bubbletip now.

gumbii

by gumbii

wait... trumpets will kill zoa's...?????/

i'll be back...

nicholas542

by nicholas542

yeah it you place the zoas and the trumpets right next to each other so their touching maybe. Trumpet coral have a very small range of movement, and their sting doesn't pack a very hard punch unlike a frogspawn .

6 posts