Champaigne or Wine Yeast?

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Anyone know who sells this stuff? I read online to go to a liquor store but none I've been to carry it. Supposedly its more stable for DIY CO2 than baker's yeast.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

wine yeast is a paste that continuously grows and regenerates............it's actually past on from generation to generation - -i don't know if you need dry yeast or not

this may sound silly but do some googling on local microbrewries and see if you can contact someone there......im sure they could set you in the right direction

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

you might look to see if you have a home brewing store in your town if not i would look online for a home brewing store

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Thanks..there's a bar nearby that has their own brew so maybe I'll look into them.

I need to find some CO2-safe hosing too (easy enough) that's black (not so easy)..I put some regular old black stuff in there and it kinked, I woke up the next morning and thinking little of it I removed the kink and WHOOSH I must've released half a baloon worth of CO2 into the tank...thank god I had just put a check valve in as only gas managed to go through and no solution.

I don't understand why it would've kinked with all the pressure on it but I guess CO2 does weird things to vinyl/plastics.. since then I just cut the line and added a new piece with some length for a bit of slack in the line. -.-

4 posts